Center for Intensive English 项目 (CIEP)
Welcome to CIEP! We are the official English-as-a-Second-Language (非母语英语课程) center on the Andrews University campus. Our classes are offered 在人 和 在线 和 are open to anyone who would like to learn 和 improve English language skills, particularly the ability to communicate meaningfully 和 fluently in English in a short amount of time.
We specialize in assisting Andrews University students whose first language is not English to meet the university’s English language requirements so they may successfully move into undergraduate 和 graduate degree programs at Andrews University. Here are some highlights of what we offer each CIEP student:
- An experienced faculty. CIEP faculty members are highly trained 和 have years of English-language teaching experience, many have taught 和 lived in countries all over the world, so they are familiar with different cultures 和 worldviews.
- A rigorous learning environment. CIEP classes are intensive in nature. 学生 are typically in classes at least four hours per day 和 have many additional hours of homework to complete. We work hard to teach you, we know if you work hard to learn, you will meet your English goals rapidly 和 successfully.
- Small class sizes. Each CIEP class typically has 10 to 15 students registered 和 does not exceed 20, so that teachers can closely work with individual students on a regular basis.
- A communicative approach. CIEP classes focus on developing reading, 写作, 听, speaking skills for the purpose of communicating meaningfully 和 fluently in English. 学生 are given many opportunities daily to use English in real-life situations 和 to go out of the classroom to speak English on the Andrews campus 和 in the community as much as possible.
- Specialized programs. 非母语英语课程 classes are offered during the 秋天, 春天, 夏天 semesters 和 are open to anyone who wants to learn 和 improve English language skills. During the 夏天 semester, we offer customized English language classes 和 workshops for professionals in addition to our core 非母语英语课程 classes. 最后, CIEP offers specialized tutorial programs 和 other services such as a conversation partner program, International Table Talk, a TOEFL prep workshop.
Please email us at ciep@和rews.edu or call us at 1-269-471-2260. We would love to hear from you 和 answer any questions that you have about CIEP!